this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Sunday, March 13, 2005

my samsoness is gone!

I got my hair cut today and I am very happy. I left it pretty long for quite a bit of time, hoping for something to happen. But nothing came, so my hair became a burden. A burden I wanted to dump off as soon as I could. I feel lighter, and happier that my hair will dry in half an hour.

Last night I changed the oil in my (parent's) car for the first time by myself. It was an experience. First I had to jack up the car to fit the jack stands under. As I jacked one side up, i started to hear lots of creaking and stuff. Ah! I forgot to pull the e-brake. The car wasn't off the ground yet, but whew, that was a close one. Passenger side, then the driver side. Now that the car was up on the stands, it was time to get down and dirty! I spent about 20 minutes just trying to work this oil filter wrench thing and it kept slipping when I tried to turn the oil filter off. I finally just grabbed on with my hands and twisted it off, that was way easier! I poured in my new Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and there we are done. I was very uneasy after I was done, because if there was a leak, I wouldn't know what to do. Now I just gotta check to see if my engine is consuming oil, because using synthetics in a higher mileage engine may loosen up some gunk. Without this gunk, stuff may leak out. Hope for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home