this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

waiting to exhale

So it's Tuesday night and I'm still at school waiting for a ride because I had my chem midterm (6:30-8:30pm). Tuesday is also one of the two days a new Gateway is put out. Now I was kind of holding my breath, hoping to find one of my pictures on the sports pages. I didn't make it, meh. I haven't had a chance to look over my pictures yet, so maybe they really suck and don't deserve to be on the pages. I'll try to get them scanned, so I have a digital copy of them all. I'll just post them up on here. That's not the same as being seen by many many university students, but hey, whatevs. I think some of my shots were a little too artsy. I don't have the picture yet, but for a few shots, I was on the endline of the opposing team so that the Pandas were facing me in the serve receive and I had the Pandas in focus and the opposing server out of focus (some depth-of-field for y'all). I'll try to get the scan up to show you, but I don't know if that's what they're looking for. The two other photogs sat under the ref stand all night, the one shot got into the paper, but it's not my style! I'll adapt, I wanna get into those pages.

My ride is here, peach.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Ryan said…

    I'll break the other "photogs" kneecaps for you, Tonya Harding style.

    Peach out.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, February 15, 2005, Blogger ed said…

    I appreciate it, but I'm not really trying to compete with them all, I'm the noob. And besides, we work (work as in volunteer) for the same paper. Save the knee-breaking for when money is involved.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Manik said…

    Its not you that has to adapt. Ive seen some of your snaps, and seriously, dont lower yourself to their level. They'll come to appreciate you in good time. The pictures in the gateway right now....seriously lacking. If you dumbed down your style for them i will beat you.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Ryan said…

    The Gateway is lacking in every department. Especially the cognitive, analytical thought department. Seriously. Everyone that writes editorials for the Gateway will be struck down a higher power one of these days.

     
  • At 1:20 AM, February 17, 2005, Blogger ed said…

    I am not even thinking about getting a front page shot yet. I've only gotten black and white film, so the colour front pagers are out of the question. I went in to check some of my pictures today though, some guy helped me out because Leanne was gone. He was cool, we scanned a few and I just have to bring in a CD to get them burned on. I had some good ones, but none ran. It just fuels my fire, I need to get published!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home