this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

girls gone wild

No, I didn't go to Union Hall or The Standard, but I kept hearing it on the radio so that's the title.

Anyways, today I shot some photos for the Pandas and Bears games. Both teams played Trinity Western (and do they ever have some hotties on that team [some of our Pandas are hot too]). I was meeting two veteran Gateway photogs there, so they could show me the ropes. Both girls have shot for four years with the Gateway (they weren't my type, moving on). One thing was when I introduced myself I felt weird because my gear was more advanced than theirs, and I was the noob. I think I intimidated them with the size of my lens hood (that's a little innuendo there). Ya, they were using manual focus, manual settings cameras. It was like the type I used in junior high. Not like there is anything wrong with those cameras, but fast action sports requires a quick focus, which is difficult (but not impossible) with a manual focus camera. The gear really doesn't matter as much as the photographer that uses it. I hope my camera gave me an edge though.

Tonight was also Stacy' s party at the I Ho. I haven't seen that girl for a long time. She's definitely a girl I like being with, but I wouldn't want her to be my girlfriend. Trevor and TJ were there too. I had another weird feeling here. When I went to say hi to Stacy, we did our hug thing and started talking. I felt like Trevor was watching me. It was like in high school at the touch of class dance when Ron was talking with Krista. Whoa, was I ever jealous. But it turned out to be nothing, as it did tonight, so no worries. No girls went wild for me tonight.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home