this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Sunday, February 27, 2005

i thought it was bad

Today was freaking gross. Over this 44 hour work week, I have gone through much more than I signed up for. Last night a guy no showed, so I pulled in a longer shift than I was supposed to. Today I came into work for the 11 o'clock shift. There was no opener so I was caught a little off guard. Also, only one computer was working. So I have the whole front to myself and do my controlled crash. Of course, it was big top madness like Sundays always are. The computers were fixed, so the servers weren't all huddled together. Once people were getting cut, some more problems arose. Section swaps caused some confusion. To sum things up, short staff caused everybody (including the managers) to stress out. I checked out today with less hours than I checked out with yesterday, but I totally didn't want to talk to any manager about it. Apparently the computers were screwed, but I should get paid. Work is different from when I started so long ago. I wish it would go back to the good ol' days.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, February 27, 2005, Blogger ed said…

    Just that I shouldn't have worked so much over the "break" that I had.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, February 28, 2005, Blogger Mr. 'Rabbit'son said…

    as servers we need to remember lingo inclusive only to us:

    crash, slam, bigtop, cut, stiff, fron cup, yadda yadda

    i think i see where confusion arose. back to the topic: some areas of 'the bird' are in DEFINITE need of improvement. Servers get the worst of both sides because everyone always wants to shoot the mesenger. My friday cocktail shift [shift in the lounge area instead of the main family part] was a smooth shift compared to usual shifts lately, and still i was majorly stressed. I'm 100% sure we are doing a job not everyone could do.

    We're tough; we eat dirt.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, March 03, 2005, Blogger ed said…

    Haha, Ali, good to have you on board. And thanks Travis, for doing some translation. I never even thought of the gas thing like that, you have the dirty mind! You should check out www.flickr.com to load your pictures up, that's where I have my stuff. It's pretty easy and it's free. Just a 10mb upload limit per month, but I don't upload that much anyways so it works out fine. Let's go on a photo trip sometime!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home