this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Saturday, February 19, 2005

weekend update

So my rips are coming along fine. I've been giving them their daily dose of Vaseline and everything looks great. Mind you, I haven't done any long hang swings for a week, or even touch the high/low bar (except to do a straddle support).

I went to wash my work clothes tonight (work tomorrow afternoon) and I pull the knob for the washer and push the button for the dryer. I was trying to pull the knob on the dryer for so long and I pulled it off. I thought I broke it, then I saw that it was a push to turn it on. It's all good.

Today, I also went into the Gateway office to get my pictures on a CD. Leanne wasn't there, but a guy helped me out. He was a nice guy, very friendly and we talked about some photo stuff. I found out that there is actually some loaner gear. It's mainly Nikon stuff and some old manual focus camera's. It's what the people who don't have their own stuff use. So I guess I'm a step above some photographers because I have my own gear. I never got his name, but I think it is Matt. He scanned four pics for me and helped me adjust the levels and crop them in Photoshop. Here's a few pics downsized for you to check out (bigger at my flickr site):


I like this one because of a few things. Most importantly, the ball is in the picture. The faces of the Bears are kind of obstructed though, and this number 6 guy is kind of distracting.

Moving on...


Here is some Panda action. The ball is just squeeking into the top of this picture and you can't really see the face of the passer, but I like the action. Check out the U Alberta socks, that's hot.

Next...


Some more Panders at work. Here we have clearly a dominating block by the two Pandas. The fat ref is kind of funny and number 10 is kinda distracting. This pic would've probably looked better if I was on the other side so that I could see the Panda blockers' faces.

Finally...


We have Bears setter Brock Daviduk here going up for a set. I think I wanted to keep the net in this picture just for reference, so that's why it has some dead space on the left. You can see the two other Gateway photogs under the ref stand too. I think my focus was locked on here.

That's all I have for now. I really like them, hopefully I'll get to scan more later on. Keep in mind that these were all taken with available light and fairly far away from the action (at least 3 meters from the closest line on the court).

Keep checking, more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home