this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

goldilocks and the three bitches

I am finally becoming a server at my new restaurant. This week, I have three shifts as a host. It's cool, just another part of the restaurant. Anyways, being the host is pretty easy. You take people's coats, seat them at a table not reserved, take reservations on the phone, give people their coats back, and say goodbye and goodnight. Everything is good, it is apparently a busier Monday than usual, so people are running around a bit. Then, out of nowhere, three gaudily dressed older women came in and an alarm went on in my head. *Bitch Alert* But no assumptions can be made, that's not my job (but the assumptions are usually true). They ask for a table for three and I tell them that our dining room is presently booked, but I can offer them seating in the lounge, which has the same menu and everything. The head bitch just walks past me and into the full dining room and through all the tables, I just followed her with a "WTF" going in my head. She points at the only open table in the back corner and asks me why can't they sit there, I politely tell her that it is reserved (which it was). Then Bitch No. 2 comes to me and points at the same table and asks why they can't sit there, I tell her the same thing. Bitch No. 3 just kept her mouth shut.
They then proceed to a closed section (no server there) of the restaurant. The manager looks at me and I just give a eyebrow raise that is equivalent to the shoulder shrug. The three bitches are leading me around the restaurant now. They ask me why they can't sit there, and I tell them that this section is closed.
Finally, they go to the lounge and surround a table while I put the menus down. Then some conversation later, they decided that this table wasn't good, so I pick up the menus and follow them to another table. Phew, done with my job.
You might think, these people are just looking for the most comfortable table available for their dinner. That might be the truth, but the thing that pushed me to blog about this is what they were talking about after they had their table.
All the servers saw me get led around by these cougar wannabes (cougars are younger and actually have a chance). I was then talking to one of the servers later and she asked me what those ladies were all about. I told her I had no idea and that they were just trying to seat themselves wherever. The server then told me that she heard the women talking and one of the bitches asked the other bitch why she walked in and the bitch said that she didn't believe me when I told her the dining room was full. Why the fuck would I lie to you, bitch? They were apparently bitches to the very busy bartender/lounge server too, who was just trying to serve all her tables and keep everyone happy. So this goes out to the three bitches, I hope some instant karma comes out to get you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home