this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

i'm afraid of americans, i'm afraid of the world

I feel like I am burdened by other people's paranoia sometimes. Maybe it's because I live at home with some conservative family members (my mom's pretty chilled though). For example, my grandma tells me almost every weekend when I work late to always look for people who are hiding in the alley when I come home. If somebody is waiting there, she tells me to drive the car to the front and call the house so somebody can open the door for me. She's basically said this to me every time I go out ever since I started driving when I was 16, that's five years of the same thing everytime I go out. Imagine.

Then my dad keeps saying how Whyte Ave is so dangerous. I work on Whyte, so I am there all the time. There are some fucktards that make trouble, but the perceived risk is definitely greater than the real risk.

I know how to give my dad some peace of mind, though. He just has to buy me a small, concealable weapon. I prefer the longbow.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger diana said…

    that's so funny about grandma. she never told me anything like that. i guess i'm expendable to this family. i am a girl, so really, expendable to any chinese family.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Ida's Studio said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:00 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Ida's Studio said…

    I think Grandma is getting old. For her, Ed may be still a five-year-old little kid.

    My mom is having some problems distinguishing me and my sis too. One time when I got home, I told her that's very very crowded in the Victoria Park Chinese New Year Flower Market even in 4pm. Then, just after I changed my clothes, she repeated the same piece of info to me and said it's my sis who told her so (well, Sara hadn't even been to the Flower Market for the last several years). I had to insist at least twice that she believed it's me who talked to her about the Flower Market thing.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Rosanna =) said…

    When mom and dad used to lecture me about going out till the wee hours of the night, grandma would say..."oh she's young, she needs to go out and have fun..yadee-yadee-ya..." So does that mean that I was so expendable that she HOPED I would get attacked by the mysterious alley creature by encouraging me to go out??

     
  • At 12:55 AM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Matt Lam said…

    Haha, just that grandma knew you were responsible Rose, not like the vagrant that owns this blog =P

     
  • At 11:27 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Rosanna =) said…

    hahhahaha...thx matt. very true...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home