this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Jasper "photo enforcement" or what?

I need some help people. Okay, the setting is the roads leading away from Japer towards Edmonton. I am driving home and the speed limit fluctuates from 70 km/h to 90 km/h, depending on how fast the animals can dodge cars. There is only this one white truck and my car on the road, and it's a one-lane each way road. There are dotted lines where ever it is safe to pass. I am following this white truck and it is going 20 km/h faster than the speed limit, then it goes the speed limit, then speeds up again, and so on. So I decide to pass this fucker. There is an open stretch of road in a 90 km/h zone, so I decide to do it there. I pull my car close to 110 km/h and start passing the truck. On the side of the truck it said "Parks Canada" and I start to think: "maybe I shouldn't pass this truck." Then I see the driver holding a digital camera, like he is taking a picture of the mountains. The negative thoughts creep into my head again. I'm half-way into a pass though, so I just keep going and finish the pass. Moments later, I see the digital camera flash, like he took a picture of my car. Now, I think the flash was to see his speedometer and my car to "prove" how fast I was going. But it really can't prove anything, since he could have sped up to catch me and then take a picture while he was catching up a the higher speed. Anyways, if this is how they catch speeders, I'll be pissed. If this thing is for real, I'll have acquired my first speeding ticket, which will suck. Any of you go throught the same thing in Jasper or any other national park? Fuck, I was thinking about this all the way home and I am still thinking about it.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home