this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

withdrawl symptoms

Yo y'all, I'm in Hong Kong right now. Computer access has been scarce. I got on a computer in our Japan hotel, which was cool, but not enough.

We went to Japan after a few days in Hong Kong. It was super sweet. I'll be the first to admit that I was culture shocked. I haven't been in a place where I don't know the language (I can speak Cantonese in Hong Kong). Some places had English speaking people, most places didn't. My cousins don't eat sushi of the raw variety, so I didn't get to experience straight up fish. I'm talking sushi, not Tokyo Express sushi. Apparently they don't accept tips there either. We left a tip at a restaurant and the server came running out to give it back to us. People there are extremely polite. People would greet us and I'd just nod because I didn't know what they were saying, but I knew it was something nice. I also fell in love with their cell phones. They aren't dinky little silver phones we see in Canada, but rather large in comparison. You'd think smaller is better, but in Japan, the phones are quite big. They have companies like Vodaphone and Foma. The streets of Akihabara (thanks Ry) were covered with these phones. Unfortunately they don't work in North America, so I didn't come home with one. In fact, I only came back with a track jacket and a t-shirt. I'm not much of a shopper.

Hong Kong is different. People are kinda rude here. It's the life though, it's how you survive. If you are polite here, people take advantage of you. I gotta walk around with the "fuck you" sign on my forehead. It's all good though. Toilets are kind of small, and I don't even have a fat ass!

Hopefully our home internet access gets fixed up. I looked for this internet cafe in this tourism magazine and it was seriously teh suck. It was in this shady mall complex and after all the searching, we found out that it was a crappy little 6 foot by 12 foot room with four computers. Not even worth my time...

Peace


P.S. I don't have SARS yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home