this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

nay-bore-hud

I live in a pretty decent neighbourhood, but lately some things have made me think twice. First, I don't think my back alley is the safest place to be. Besides the kid who is always ripping around on his dirtbike annoying me when I'm doing homework, more serious things are present. First, one of the alley sharers got a boat somehow. It's weird, how can you afford a boat if you only have half a house? That's just my thinking, but anyways. It was on a trailer and the front (where you hook it onto the truck) was held up by a 3 foot piece of 4x4. I pull out of the garage one day to go to school and I think: "if I was a badass, I'd take a bat to that wood and knock the boat down." Sure enough, the next day the boat was down. There's always empty beer cans thrown everywhere too. I'm glad my poppasan put up that fence a few years ago. I mean, who walks around an alley drinking beers? Today was even more crazy. My dad is building stuff in the garage, so we have to park on the street in front of our house. I went out today for school and I found some dried red stuff on my driver side door handle and window. Hmmmmmm, someone was painting their red room, and then tried to get into my car? Fuck, I'm pretty sure it was blood. If I was a CSI and if my car was a BMW, I would've tested that shit and found out who bled on my car and then beat them with the bat that I was going to hit the wood support with. In reality, I took my car straight to the Shell station for a car wash. I felt like a guilty hit and run person. How many times have you washed blood off of your car?


This next section of today's blog is dedicated to inform the public to use signals while driving. USE YOUR SIGNALS! I've noticed that it's usually mid-40s men driving big 8 mile per gallon trucks and women who drive "cute" cars in which they can't see over the steering wheel who are the main culprits, but everyone is to blame. I don't know why, but it just gets me riled up when someone cuts in front of me without a signal, or if they weave around traffic (without signals of course). I want to be a cop just so I can't catch bastards who don't signal. It's not hard to push a little lever down while you change lanes. It is a little multi-tasking, but I'm sure with a little practice, anybody can do it.
Another thing I love to see is when somebody is following me wayyyyyy close and is obviously someone who is in a hurry. They cut to the other lane, go mad on the pedal, and then cut right back in front of me. I just give these people a thumbs up because they got their taste of being Danica Patrick for a day. I seriously don't understand how being one car length behind can make someone so agitated. Now I understand if gramps is driving 15 km/h under the speed limit in his Ford POS, but I am usually going faster than the limit. In the city, I don't see anybody getting to their destination five minutes faster than if they drove the limit, patiently. I just smile when I catch up to those hosers who sped past me in their Sunfire two minutes ago. On the highway, passing matters; in the city, pop in the Nirvana Unplugged and just chill.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home