this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

the saints are coming

If you haven't heard by now, let me inform you that I am no longer going to Leduc for my student teaching. Apparently something didn't work out and I was not informed of this until my university facilitator told me that I was no longer going to Leduc. He took me outside, like I was a kid in trouble, to tell me this one-on-one. When I asked him why, he said he asked the same question and he just told me that the field experience associate told him I'm dropped from the school. This was on Wednesday night, and I had two midterms on Thursday. I checked my email countless times waiting for news of my new placement. I finally get a call late Friday afternoon and I was told that there was a placement in a junior high school in St. Albert. Yes, I'll say it again, St. Albert. I live pretty deep in the South East corner of the city and St. Albert is effing so far for me. I have to commute through the whole city of crappy ass drivers. I'm not being pessimistic in saying that I might get hit by some impatient driver, again. Driving in Edmonton is like the plague, slowly taking out a couple cars at a time. I enjoy driving too! But I was talking with Travis, and he said that maybe it was fate and that I'll meet a super awesome mentor teacher at my new school. I guess only time will tell (and it'll take a little extra time for me to drive there).

5 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Rosanna =) said…

    Did you know in St. Albert the "public" school board is the Catholic schools?
    How long is your teaching term? I drove to St. Albert for 2 years and it sucked!
    Don't worry about the drive....you'll do well at whatever school you go to!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, February 04, 2007, Blogger jarthurs said…

    AND!!!!


    ANTHONY HENDAY TRAIL IS FINISHED...


    far enough so that you could avoid alllllllllll the traffic lights.


    and then you are there!

    yay

     
  • At 11:31 AM, February 04, 2007, Blogger diana said…

    do you have to teach religion too if it's a catholic school?

    if you're leaving so early, hopefully you miss the majority of traffic.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger ed said…

    the school i'm going to is part of the "separate" schools, the protestant ones or something.

    i'm scared whichever route i take will be packed.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    uhhhhhhhhh... ed??

    We need a post.

    True, busy student teaching life means you probably can't even breathe let alone blog... BUT

    We need to know how it's going?? (in a totally diplomatic, FOIP-friendly way of course...)

    Travis

     

Post a Comment

<< Home