this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

upper cuts

*Make sure you read the post below, it's new and more exciting that this one, but I was compelled to write this one.*

My hair is a mess. I need a cut like a Hummer needs gas. But I hate hair cuts, just like I hate cutting my nails (even though both are crucial). I just seem like it's the biggest waste of time. Like why does your hair grow? Just to cut it.

Back to the story.

I usually go to the Aveda Academy to get a student to cut my hair and it's sweet (and cheapish). It usually takes at least a week before I can get in for an appointment though, so I decided to go check out a cheapy drop in place. The Super Cuts coupon looked good, $4 off a $14 hair cut. The one on Whyte Ave. is the closest to me at school, so that's where I go. I step in and there are four people in there, one guy waiting, one guy just getting finished, one girl getting her hair dyed, and the hair dresser. I don't know how accurate the term "hair dresser" is to describe this person though. Let's just say that she looked like she belonged on Maury more than she fit the bill of a professional hair cutter. Anyways, I suck it up and sign up on the sheet. Apparently the Super Cut ($14) doesn't even include a hair wash, weird. The Super Cut II with the hair wash is $18. You get a hair massage, hair wash, hair cut, and face wash at Aveda for 20 some bucks. Anyways, I keep reminding myself that I have to suck it up because this hair cut is urgent!! The dude pays up for his hair cut and I take a look at it, some high school kid that looks like Eminem...



...but worse.

Meh, "maybe he asked for it," I reassure myself. Some new dude walks in and the hair dresser tells him that there is a 30 minute wait. I realize that the dude in front of me had already waited for over 10 minutes. "How long can it take?," I ask myself.

At this point, she attends the girl who is getting her hair dyed. Apparently the hair dye girl works there too (the morning shift). They start bitching about how it goes dead, and then a rush of 3 or 4 people come in at a time. This is where I start thinking, "oh hell no." I don't want a hair cutter person who gets mad when she has to cut hair. I just walked up to the sign in sheet and crossed my name off and walked out.

Off to the Aveda Salon!!!! I walk in and make an appointment for tomorrow morning. Hahahahaha, that was so easy. Never will I cheat on you again, Aveda, never!! Hair massage, here I come.


*Title: The title of this post is a name I would use if I opened up a hair salon. It sure as hell won't be bush league like Super Cuts though. If you steal my salon name, you'll owe me %75 of your profits.*

2 Comments:

  • At 5:54 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger diana said…

    hahaha that was funny. i love the aveda academy, i go to the one here in toronto to get my haircut too. i have no loyalty to hairdressers, so i don't mind having a new person each time. except they're painfully slow sometimes.

    most ghetto places charge you separately for a wash, so that's your first sign you shouldn't get your haircut there.

    i hope all your dyed hair gets cut off now.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Rosanna =) said…

    When I scrolled down and saw that Eminem pic, I thought you were going to say that's how that girl cut all the guys' hair including yours!!! hahahahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home