this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Friday, March 24, 2006

only a surgeon?

I am now officially pulling down two jobs while taking six classes at the U of A. Whaaaaaaaat? you ask? I am first working as a drive tester to test signals for Rogers. It's techy stuff. My second job is working at Vertically Inclined as a climbing instructor (I just had my first training shift tonight).

My first job for Rogers required me to go to Calgary for two days. Shout out to Joanne and Travis for hanging out with me. I drove down Tuesday morning to downtown Calgary. Pretty crazy!!! I found the building easily (Google Maps is the best), but parking was more difficult. I found a lot ($17 deposit!!!) that was not that far away. I was a little early, so I walked around and went to a Timmy's. The line was ginormous, but I had time so I waited. I got my ho-cho and chocolate dip doughnut and chilled for a bit. Then I went to the Rogers office and the training began. It was pretty straight forward stuff, just some background on the technology and the programs. I got a laptop to use for the testing, nice. The second day was all in the car. We drove to a site to test everything out. It was slow, lots of problems popping up, but what do you expect for a first time? My poor car was idling for hours while we had to power the laptop and modem (go Mobil 1!!). I get a cell phone too, to stay in contact with the bosses.

I feel like a drug dealer walking around with two cell phones.

Vertically Inclined was brought to me by Melissa. I've wanted to work there since high school. The interview was interesting, in that it was a huge group setting. All the candidates met with some of the team leaders at the gym. It was fun, I mentioned Tom Cruise in my introduction of myself.

I'm going to be busy for the month of April, but I think I can handle it. I'll be a money making playa though. I'd better get my teeth mould ready for my grillz.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, March 25, 2006, Blogger diana said…

    how did you slide a tom cruise reference into your introduction at the interview? that you love him and you wish you were carrying his child and not katie holmes?

    you better save your money so i don't have to listen to you saying you're poor.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger ed said…

    One of the questions was who would you have lunch with who is alive today. I said Tom Cruise, because of two words. Top Gun.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger diana said…

    i just watched top gun today on cityTV. great movie. the acting is a little poor, and the lines are a little bit cheesy, but it's still great.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Rosanna =) said…

    Top Gun & Jerry Maguire are the only Tom Cruise movies I like....he's stupid now so I don't even wanna go to any movie he's in.

    What did mom & dad say when you told them about going to calgary for 2 days???

    I wanna go climbing!!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Swedish Sensation said…

    tom cruise is only good in cocktail and days of thunder.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Ryan said…

    I bought Ed cocktail on DVD for his 20th birthday because he loves flair bartending and Tom Cruise. I knew he would love it, but I'm pretty sure he watches it every week and has "feelings" for Tom.

     
  • At 10:47 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger ed said…

    ahh yes, i think it is "just"

    mom and dad didn't really say anything, it was just chilled

     
  • At 11:26 AM, March 26, 2006, Blogger diana said…

    mom and dad usually don't say anything about out of town things if it's work related. case in point: when i moved to cold lake for my co-op job. they didn't say anything b/c it was work/school related.

    and ed does have feelings for tom cruise. he converted to scientology too.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Manik said…

    When Dr. Greene died in Top Gun, Im not ashamed to admit, I got choked up. Why must Anthony Edwards always die?? Why?

    Rest in peace Goose/Greene, rest in peace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home