this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Friday, December 09, 2005

n00b

Today was my first shift at my new job. It was such a change from the bird, good and bad.

Good, because it's a classy place with a real chef that cooks real food. People seem nice and introduced themselves to me (I probably met 20 different people, and I can only remember a few by name!). The bartender guy was pretty funny (most bartenders are).

Bad, because I have to start out as a busser, which I guess isn't that bad because you really don't have that many responsibilities as a busser (I can't spend time doing server training during finals!). Bad, because I feel so new there. I have only worked at the bird, and I know how everything works there. The managers know me and I feel that people respect me there! I definitely lack the confidence in a different restaurant, it just doesn't feel right. I know that it'll be better once I get to know everybody and how the restaurant works, but it just feels weird to get accustomed to the new restaurant. I also feel kind of weird because it's so high class in there. I don't want to do anything wrong because these are money-making playas I'm serving here! It's all good though, time will fix this shit.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home