this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Monday, October 06, 2008

Indi! (the farm, not Harrison Ford)

Hello everybody, I have found it hard to get internet access for my computer, so the pictures that I have taken are not uploaded yet. When I finally find a place to hook up, I'll upload and explode your senses with the awesomeness that is Australia.

After the short exploration of Geelong, I was off to Cynthia's parent's farm. It's about a 3 hour drive from Geelong and we made it quick. Being a city boy, I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I knew there was lots of land, animals, and a scooter to ride around on!

During the trip to the farm, I also had my first chance to do some driving. It takes some time getting used to driving on the opposite side of the road! Cyn's car is also a manual and I don't get to practice that much on one of those. After driving on the wrong side of the road for a bit, I got the hang of it and driving was good. I also turned on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signals more than once. Cyn took over again once we got really rural. One other thing is that I noticed is that there are way more hills on than in Edmonton. When you add in hills to single lane roads for both directions of traffic, it gets freaky!

During the drive, there were fields and fields just like the prairies, but add in the hills and also huge trees in the middle of crop fields. It was cool to see! Lots of sheep too.

When we got to the farm, it was getting a little dark, but we rolled into the drive and saw her parents. Then we took a quick spin on the Honda C90 before dinner! At dinner, Cyn's dad showed me to a variet of Aussie beers. I tried lots of types over that weekend! Let's see, I've had Victoria Bitter (VB) and Pure Blonde before, then I tried: Coopers, Melbourne Bitter, Blue Tongue, Beez Neez, and probably some other ones I haven't remembered!Anyways, lots of beer, good times. On the farm, we also saw lots of kangaroos hanging out. It was super fun. We were on the back of the ute and Cyn's dad was driving super fast through the trees to chase the 'roos! Lots of pictures, but once again they aren't uploaded yet. It was just amazing seeing these huge gum trees and all the land. The farm was absolutely fantastic! I could spend more time there for sure.

The way back was a little hair raising again because it was during the night. As of now, I have driving in Geelong and am getting used to the different traffic behaviours! Next up, Phillip Island!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home