this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

i've got everything i want in my life, except a...

...girlfriend.

That's how the song goes. Right now I'm singing with B2K. It's usually only when I have too much time on my hands that I yearn for the "better half." Times like now, when I don't have a volleyball season to think about, a hard term at school to work though, or a job to consume my every waking hour. Don't get me wrong, I still about girls during those times, but it's different. Can't explain it any differently, except that it is different.

Questions just fill my mind, like why don't I have a girlfriend? I mean I'm a fairly clean cut boy (when I shave), I have direction in my life (think future, I'll be able to support a family as a teacher...I hope), I'm active (even though I like to be lazy), I'm willing to listen (often to other peoples' relationship problems), I'm funny (at least a bit), and I can sing and dance like Justin Timberlake. I guess it's just one of those things that looks good on paper, but real life is a different story.

I think there have been a few situations where I shut down a girl who was trying to start something up with me. My heart just wasn't in on it for these girls at the time. But now, looking back, I think I should've taken these opportunities just to at least have tried them out. Then I could at least say I tried and it didn't work, but it is hard to force yourself to like someone. I understand it so.

Wow, that was the first deep blog I've done in a while. I'm sure I missed some stuff on here that I thought of while I was writing this in my head, but it's the gist of it. Hope you enjoyed it!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, July 24, 2005, Blogger ed said…

    Thanks Ali for those words of wisdom. I think I was getting too much into Harry Potter and reading about his little fling with Ginny, haha. I've still got some hope then.

    In the topic of shooting nudes, bring it on! Come on people, there's a difference between an artist and a pervert. You seem to have some hot friends on your flickr site, I'm jealous. I feel too weird to ask my friends to pose for some pictures. I want to do it, but too weird.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home