this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Monday, April 11, 2005

social dance

First of all, the last post probably looks weird to all you IE users. Go check it out at Travis' site where it's all fixed. I'm too lazy to fix it.


Today was my testing day of the social dance portion of my dance class. It was probably the best dance class of the year. We didn't have to "pas de bourré" or make shapes. It was just plain old social dancing. We did the waltz, tango, cha cha, and swing. I think I did well in all of them. Of course it depepended greatly on who my partner was. I was fortunate to have some very competent dancers test with me. There were a few who were bugging me though.

First there was the girl who was "leading" me. She seriously verbally told me what to do. I'm not too worried about this, but points would be deducted if the teacher saw a problem with "leading." So my mark was being controlled by her, I didn't like this. Other guys I talked to also noticed this unauthorized, "pants-of-the-family," action.

Then there was the girl who could do the movements, but not with a partner. We were doing the cha cha and she stopped. What's going on? She told me she couldn't do the dance anymore because I was moving my body too much. You all (y'all) must know that the cha cha is all in the hips. But I stiffened up and we never spoke again.

I had some good partners as well. I had a great time with an Asian counterpart who knew what she was doing. People were like: "whoa, those Asians know how to dance."

Next was this girl I was trying to woo. We cut some rug during the swing testing. She was spending a noticeably large amount of time with this other fellow though, so I didn't push further. Maybe she was just too nice to say no to him? Meh, I get the point.

Lastly was this girl with some bboy moves I remembered from the jazz and modern dances. She's a cute looking girl, especially today. She was wearing this Lululemon top, which would make any girl look good, let alone a girl who was already gifted up top. Lululemon shit is irresistible to me. Anyways, she's going to be a phys. ed. teacher too.


My sister left me 1 1/2 sub club cards, sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home