this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

school...again

This past Friday, I worked my first day of teaching ever. I signed up with this teaching agency that sets up schools with teachers and I was placed in a secondary school for a day of PE.

In the morning, I drove by the school and parked on a little side street beside it. I walked in past some crazy decorations and students all dressed up in costumes. I thought it was Halloween (a week early) and I picked a great day to start! I asked some students where the office was and they pointed me in the right direction. I walk closer and realize that I'm a the wrong school, I walked up to an all girls private school. I just walked back out and walked to the next school which was my correct school.

I met the school organiser and he gave me my schedule and I met some of the other teachers. It was really good that there was another phys. ed. teacher there and he helped me out in terms of where to go and where the equipment was. The kids are pretty much the same as Canadian kids. Some were a little rowdier though, probably because I was a substitute. It was a pretty good day. Next week I'll be working at another secondary school for four days. We'll see how that goes.

In other news, I got up on my first waves yesterday! I can't wait to go surfing again, woo hoo!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, October 26, 2008, Blogger Swedish Sensation said…

    good thing you didn't go into the office and introduce yourself to find out you were in the wrong place - that would've been a little funny.

    Surfing - did you just figure it out yourself?

     
  • At 2:25 PM, October 26, 2008, Blogger diana said…

    hahaha that's so funny you went to the wrong school! and did you ever figure out why the girls were all dressed up??

     
  • At 2:39 AM, October 29, 2008, Blogger ed said…

    It was some cowboys and indians day at the all girls school. Crazy. I got help from Cyn with the surfing. It's awesome. I think the snowboarding has a little to do with it as well, but I need to get better at the paddling part!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home