this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Monday, September 26, 2005

doctor, doctor, give me the news

I went to the doctor today, and I haven't been for over a year. It was more of a mother's request as I already knew what I was sick with. We live in the age of self-diagnosis, where the average Joe can look up their ailment on websites such as webMD. My symptoms included sore throat, cough, lethargy, and aching back and legs. My shortness of breath at night also made me suspect some bronchial constriction due to past experiences. It is definitely flu season since the doctor's office was full of people coughing and looking all deadlike (like moi). I knew I didn't need any meds except for a bronchial dialator so that I could go to sleep, so I just hinted that it was hard for me to sleep because of the asthma like symptoms I had when I was younger. I got what I wanted (can't wait for my next hit), and nothing more (not all bugs need drugs). I should just stop using the internet and just let the doctor do his job. Or I can start a business diagnosing peoples' illnesses using webMD, I'm pretty good ya know.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home