this routine riot

...a little less zoom, with a little more vroom...

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

theory of a blogman

So, after a bit of blogging, I started wondering: why do we (as a general term for all people who blog) blog? The simplest answer I thought of was that a blog allowed us people to tell the world our problems. By letting the world know, it seems to make things easier. Or does it? It's like an online diary - that everyone could read. Why would you have a diary that everyone could read? That kinda defeats the purpose. This brings me to my next point. Bloggers WANT people to read their problems. More specifically, they want their friends to read their blogs (aka problems). By doing that, the friends know what's going on without having to actually physically talk about these things. Now this can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you aren't good at verbalizing your problems, go and blog on! But if you are, the blog takes away some of that verbal interaction that you could've had with your friends ("oh, I don't have to ask him about that, I read about it on his blog"). This makes sense in my head. Other people are probably blogging for this reason, they just don't know it. Why else are the majority of blogs about a person's problems!! I guess people do find it amusing to hear others' problems, and by doing so, they think they can help the person. Whatevs, I'm out. Leave a comment if you agree or disagree, bitch.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home